Our kidneys aren’t very big, each is about the size of our fist, but they do important work. They keep us healthy by maintaining balance of water and other substances inside our body and then excrete the rest as urine. The other functions are to support red blood cell production, keep bones stay solid, and maintain our blood pressure.
Can we imagine, what will happen, if kidneys get problems ? We cannot excrete our metabolic waste and maintain excessing water.We will hard to breath (because of water enter into lungs) and limbs will be swollen. How bad that is!!!
So, I’ll tell you what should we do and what must we avoid to keep our kidneys healthy.
Do these :
- Consume much mineral water (2 liters/day, it equals with 8 glasses).
- Take a pee directly when we desire to urinate
- Cut back salt consumption, no more 6 gram salt/day (it equals with 1 teaspoon)
- Check our blood pressure every 6 months (when you are healthy)
- Choose foods that are healthy for our kidneys : Fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat daily foods
- Be more physically active
- Quality Sleep at night
- Identify our family history disease
Avoid these :
- Soft drink
- Stamina drink
- If you smoke, take steps to quit. Cigarette smoking can make kidney damage worse
I hope this article helps us to keep our kidneys healthy, stay healthy guys !
Written by: Muhammad Aziz